Here is one of the tutorials I've been asked about for a while, so am happy to present to you:
"Ammolite & Batik Crackle Stones on Bone or Raku Pendants"
This long title sounds like a mouthful and it is, but I couldn't decide on what to call it since it's packed with so many of my techniques. Besides the how to's, there are also many tips and info.
If you're not familiar with Ammolite, it is one of the most wonderful gems, full of flash and fire and just about any color you can think of. It is the fossilized shell of the extinct sea creature Ammonite.
I've divided this tutorial into different sections. You will learn to make:
1. Crackle and Batik Pattern Veneers (a part of
the Batik & Shimmer technique)
2. "New Crackle" technique (one method)
3. Faux Ammolite
4. Uniform color or metallic edging for veneers
5. Faux Bone and Raku Pendants
6. Texturing front and back of pendants
7. 3 styles of polymer clay Bails
8. Bezels for embedding tiny stones or chips of
9. Variations of veneers and pendants
10. Tips and much more.
Nearly 100 photos and 24 pages of instructions
This tutorial was created and developed completely by Tina Holden/Beadcomber, and has not been taken from any book, nor other tutorial nor from the internet.
Skill level: Intermediate
THE PDF FILE IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
Please do not share or distribute this tutorial
© Tina Holden 2012-13
My downloads are available anytime, but I'm on vacation and wishing you a safe and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! See you in the New Year with my Molds, Silkscreens, Cabochons etc...or see you on Facebook :)